The Florida Ground Water Association is keenly aware of the business challenges and confusion that our members are facing relative to the COVID-19 pandemic. FGWA has a created a list of focused resource links to help members with questions on a variety of issues. FGWA is working as carefully as possible to post resource links from validated sources.
FGWA continues to post new information primarily on its FGWA Facebook page and this FGWA webpage. We also highly recommend that you join the Groundwater Professionals COVID-19 Discussion Group. This group serves as a place for business owners, contractors, and other groundwater professionals to discuss what they are doing during this time of the COVID-19 coronavirus impacting our daily life.
- Executive Order 20-91 (effective April 3)
Contractor Tip Sheets During COVID-19
- Contractor COVID-19 Checklist – Steps to Stay Safe
- Questions to ask before working during COVID-19
- Summary of Reductions in Force and Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Business Links Related to Wage and Hour; Disaster Relief Programs
Disasterloan.sba.gov – The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Upon a request received from a state or territory’s Governor, SBA will issue under its own authority, as provided by the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act that was recently signed by the President, an Economic Injury Disaster Loan declaration.
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- Regional SBA Office Search
- District SBA Office Search
Some states may offer state business loan assistance outside of the SBA national program. To determine if your state has such resources, look for local programs at:
- Short Time Compensation Program for Employers
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Labor
Business Guidance on COVID 19 from OSHA and CDC
- CDC COVID-19 Updates
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employees
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for a Pandemic