The Florida Ground Water Association’s
John Kriska Memorial Scholarship Fund
The John Kriska Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by a group of donors in the 1970’s to honor respected Florida Ground Water Association officer John Kriska, who died in a tragic car accident. Since its inception over thirty years ago, the scholarship has transformed from a privately funded scholarship to being financed by FGWA. Since its inception in 1976, the FGWA has granted over 162 college scholarships totaling over $139,000 to students who are relatives of FGWA members.
- Be a member, spouse, child, legal dependent, or grandchild of an FGWA voting member (the FGWA member must have been a member in good standing for the past three years);
- Have a 2.0 overall GPA through current school work;
- Be a high school senior eligible to enroll in college for the following fall semester or a current full-time degree-seeking student;
- You may apply multiple times, however first time applicants will take preference;
- APPLICANTS INTENDING TO PURSUE A WATER WELL RELATED PROFESSION WILL BE GIVEN PRIOIRTY;
- Individuals can only receive the scholarship twice;
- Send this application along with a copy of the applicant’s official transcript to the FGWA office by April 1st.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be required to submit a headshot/photo and a testimonial to be used in future scholarship promotion on the FGWA website and emails. Documents must be received by the FGWA no later than May 30th and can be sent to email@example.com.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you are a high school senior and have been selected to receive this scholarship and are not yet enrolled in the college of choice; it is YOUR responsibility to notify the FGWA office when you have become enrolled. Scholarship funds will be forwarded to the school ONLY once you are enrolled.
The window to submit your application is from January 20 – April 1. Applicants are notified in late April.